A house, an engagement party, graduation, a degree, New Designers in London, a trip to California, start a full time job, oh and plan a wedding. 2012 doesn't look too shabby.

What IS he up to now?

Blogging for me is a great way for me to keep everyone up to date with all the day-to-day bits I'm up to as well as the bigger aspects of my goings on.

Got a google log in? Why not leave a comment

Wednesday, January 30

MOWOG/BMC Green

My engine paint turned up at work today so this evening I spent a bit of time bringing the cylinder head and a few other bits back to life.
On a side note I didn't know what MOWOG stood for and have seen it stamped on quite a few parts lately so I decided to look it up. After a good 10 minutes googling I hadn't found definitive answer. Someone said MOrris WOlseley Group, another said MOrris WOlseley Garages, another MOrris WOlseley mG. One person suggested one of the Os stood for Oxford but my favourite was that Mowog was the name of a gorilla employed by BMC in the early 60's who's job it was to do up the bolts on the crank case with a 6' breaker bar so that no mortal man could ever undo them. He then stamped his name into the steel parts with his bare hands to ever remind the industry of his presents.
I'm still unclear.

No comments: