A house, an engagement party, graduation, a degree, New Designers in London, a trip to California, start a full time job, oh and plan a wedding. 2012 doesn't look too shabby.

What IS he up to now?

Blogging for me is a great way for me to keep everyone up to date with all the day-to-day bits I'm up to as well as the bigger aspects of my goings on.

Got a google log in? Why not leave a comment

Tuesday, April 12

Scary movie

I enjoy a good horror movie as much as the next chap but I will be the first to admit that the enjoyment is somewhat tainted by the fact that they really put the willies up me. Whilst watching (to be fair a rather tame) one the other day V pauses it, turns to me, and says she needs a wee. The house is dark and empty and she asks me to accompany her. Not wanting to show any weakness I turn my cowardice into I big joke mocking hers.
As I lead the way I flick every light switch in the house and sweep each room mockingly. It was working nicely until we were deep into the heart of the house when 'POP'...
The last light switch on the journey to the bathroom turns on the large light that spans the landing and the hall. It had tripped the fuse box and instantly the house was again plunged into darkness. So much for being matcho now. Having only two minutes before seen someone hacked to death by a nutter whist he changed a fuse in a basement, to say I had a few reservations would be an understatement.
I did finally grow some balls and flick the breaker but I thought it was just too good a story to not share.

No comments: